Although inbound leads should be an important outcome of an Insurance Agency Marketing Services plan, from the initial startup, an optimized online infrastructure with authoritative content is necessary to provide the needed credibility for prospects to accept the agency as one that could meet their needs.
As you already know, consumers are increasingly using search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc….) Social Media (Face, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, StubleUpon, Tumbler, etc…) to find the products and services they want—not a Phone Book or ADs in a newspaper.
But what you may not know is how to design, create, and implement a comprehensive Insurance Agency Marketing Services plan for your insurance agency that will increase sales and profits–without busting your marketing budget. That is the ‘raison_d’être’ of this article–and the mission of MyBiz OnLine Services.
With a professional, step by step guide, and some Done-For-You services, Insurance Agents can now create an affordable Insurance Agency Marketing Infrastructure and manage their online marketing campaigns.
The Insurance Agency Marketing Services Plan
By definition, a marketing plan is a written document that spells out the company’s goals, objectives, strategies and tactics to gain and/or continue a competitive position. A good marketing plan is really a living document that defines the actions your business needs to take in order to achieve certain goals. A good plan should align with your goals and define how you will reach your marketing objectives.
Proper planning is critical to the future of any business. When you have a marketing plan, you have a road map to help set things in motion and to continue tracking progress. This helps to insure that your agency resources are used efficiently for the services needed to meet the goals and objectives of agency.
Once your plan is in place, it is imperative to track and collect data to measure an accurate Return On Investment (ROI); without the data, the effectiveness of each activity is nothing more than a guess. Revisiting the marketing plan each quarter will also provide an opportunity to refine and adjust the activities as your agency products and services may change. As the industry evolves, so should your marketing components, tools, and processes. Visit How to Create an Insurance Agency Marketing Plan to learn more.
Insurance Agency Marketing Services
What are the most important components of an Insurance Agency Marketing Services Plan? The exact nature of your business, a market analysis of your competitors, your marketing strategy and budget. Your marketing plan should be customized to your agency needs. Here is a brief outline of a few basic components and services.
First, a current marketing assessment should be conducted to establish a baseline for your agency. This helps us understand the agency’s current product and service offerings and if the current marketing activities, if any, are in alignment with business marketing goals and objects.
The overarching concept of the marketing plan is to grow sales and profits through strategically planned activities. These components may include search-optimized content that builds top-of-mind brand awareness, authoritative communications to establish credibility with your audience, a positive community spirit with public relation activities, and more. In summary, a successful marketing plan includes the proper creation, optimization, and distribution of appropriate content.
Online Marketing Infrastructure
Building a solid online marketing infrastructure is imperative to the success of your online presence. Here we must take the time to strategically plan each level of the foundation so that the next level will be supported by the previous. The online marketing infrastructure includes many components and requires ongoing maintenance to further strengthen the infrastructure.
KEY COMPONENTS: Insurance Agency Marketing Services Infrastructure
1. Marketing Website
2. Online Citation Accounts
3. Social Media Accounts
4. Reviews/Testimonials Accounts
5. Video Accounts
6. Social Bookmarking Accounts
7. Marketing Data Monitoring
Online Insurance Agency Marketing Services
1. Create & Optimize Online Marketing Infrastructure Online Accounts for citations, content, reviews, optimized and linked properly for building brand, authority, lead generation (Search Engine & Social Media Marketing), top-of-mind awareness, and client centered relationships.
2. Design & implement Content Marketing Campaigns These are focused campaigns to market a specific product or service. The Content is the most important component of all marketing plans and comes in several flavors (1) Authority Insurance Product and Services Content — for Search & Social Media Marketing (2) Local Social, Non-Sales Content — to be part of and to engage with the community (3) Appropriate Personal Content to build a personal relationship with clients and community.
3. Design & implement Social Media Marketing Campaigns The various flavors of content are optimized and distributed to important social media channels–includes articles, videos, and audio files. The content is mostly Local Social Non-Sales and Personal Content as mentioned in number 2 above.
4. Design and implement Key Word Focused Communications Campaigns Often defined as only email marketing campaigns, communications of all types may be used to cross sell and inform current clients and to sell to prospects who have opted in to a communication channel.
5. Design and Distribute Videos Videos are a major component of the Content Marketing Campaigns–they too follow the flavors of content mentioned in number 2 above and for the same reasons.
6. Design and implement continuous Referral Campaings Agency growth is heavily dependent on continuous referrals and lead generation. Referrals have a higher conversion rate than leads from non-referral sources.
7. Design and implement Organic Search Marketing Campaigns Organic Search Lead Generation is vitally important; Agency growth is heavily dependent on a continuous source of new leads.
8. Design and implement Paid Ad Campaigns Optimized Paid Ad campaigns are an important component of the Focused Key Word Campaigns.
9. Design and implement a monthly Agency Newsletter A monthly newsletter is one of the best ways to communicate all of the content flavors.
10. Design and implement Data Reports for Marketing Analysis The collection and analysis of marketing services data is necessary to know what is working, what needs refining, and to determine the Return on Investment of each component.
Offline Insurance Agency Marketing Infrastructure
1. Media Ads
3. Network Groups
4. Community Involvement
5. Clubs and Organizations
Offline Insurance Agency Marketing Services
1. Design and Distribution of Media ADs
2. Design and Distribution of Marketing Media
3. Design and Planning of Event Marketing
WOW! That is a lot of Marketing Stuff and it is just an Outline.
That is not all. Lets take a brief look into what are the most important setup components and optimization processes for an online marketing plan. Since we have limit space in this article, please go to this outstanding Local SEO Audit Guide to learn more.
The Case for Out Sourcing Your Insurance Agency Marketing Services
Insurance Agents generally do not have the time nor the expertise to design, create, and implement all of the Insurance Agency Marketing Services that will increase growth and retention. And yes, more high-technology, software tools are required to execute all of the marketing components! (Many agents tell us that they have not figured out how to use their Agency Management System yet, “please don’t give me more software tools!”)
Although larger insurance agencies may have the resources to hire a marketing director and to assign some marketing activities to staff members, the cost is usually much more and the results much less than engaging the services of a professional marketing agency with a team of experts. For example, a quality marketing director with the education and experience to accomplish this feat, would require an annual salary between $50,000 and $75,000. The cost for other staff member marketing activities may cost another $20,000 per year. This in-house route may have a monthly cost of $4000-$6000 and will not have multiple marketing professionals with specialized education and training in the many different marketing area. Therefore, it is easy to understand that at some of the more technical and time consuming Marketing Services should be out sourced to the PROs. Doing so will save lots of money and provide a more effective marketing plan and greater sales and profit results–with a higher ROI.
Building A Search Engine Marketing Infrastructure
Writing Content, Blogging, Video Marketing & SEO
Valuable, authoritative content is one of the primary activities necessary in building an online presence. Agents must learn how to listen to what their customers want, and make sure they know the target audience, to tailor marketing content. For instance, if your potential clients are of a specific age group, you can create content and optimized videos that appeal to this demographic. Insurance is such a regulated industry that there will always be useful content to generate and MyBiz OnLine Services can optimize the right content, in front of the right customer, at the right time.
Social Media Syndication
Social Media is a form of inbound marketing, that when used correctly, can capture leads by interest that already exists, rather than trying to generate new interest. If your content makes complicated insurance issues understandable, you can build trust with your visitors and potentially turn some of them into clients. Online marketing for insurance agencies works by creating useful content that prospects would want to find, and using that content to draw attention to your website, blog or social media page.
Advertising efforts are designed to drum up new business, to find people that had not previously considered working with you and convince them why they should do so. Facebook offers a multi-level lead identifiers to choose from and you select your budget. According to a study published in AdWeek Social Times, when people want to find out more about a local small business — they check Facebook more than any other social channel by 62% over the others.
Insurance Agent Marketing Services Done-For-You includes inbound marketing strategies that can turn the research people are doing online into sales opportunities. MyBiz OnLine Services has the resources to identify people’s preexisting online habits so that the insurance agent or agency can build a pipeline of quality leads. Use ebooks, webinars, videos, whitepapers and the like to answer questions that you typically hear from your clients. After all, if your clients are asking these questions, there are likely other people looking for the same information.
Monthly Monitoring, Assessment, and Reporting
To make certain the monthly activity maximizes ROI (Return on Investment). It is imperative to identify the key indicators that were more profitable over another, and eliminate the tactics that did not generate leads or activity. This is where the project manager reviews the insurance agent or agency’s online brand, additional optimizations, A/B testing and a unified SEO strategy, pushing both their local listings and local store pages to the forefront of the search results.
Analyzing this data is not as simple as it sounds. MyBiz OnLine Services has the tools to measure results and the information is provided to the client. Professional Project Managers work side-by-side and consult with the client on the next campaign. At the home front, the most important question to ask callers is, “How did you hear about us?” This answer will give you the information needed to identify which advertising dollars are most effective, where to focus your efforts and more. Here are a few basic tracking categories:
- Client Referral
- Business Referral
- Online Business Directory
- Facebook Ad
The long term success of your insurance agency may well depend on how well you design and implement a marketing plan. Without a plan based on defined marketing needs and data, your agency will most likely loose prospects and clients to agencies that do have an optimized plan.
Things are changing so fast that you would quickly find yourself falling behind when the next updates come around. The best method is to focus on getting in front of your audience with great content all across the web and in turn finding ways to get feedback. With a Do-It-Yourself Insurance Agency Marketing Services Guide and some Done-For-You services, you can generate inbound leads and have the professional online infrastructure necessary for prospects to find and choose your agency for their insurance needs.
For more information, please visit more marketing articles on our blog.