A Comprehensive, Do-It-Yourself, Insurance Agent Marketing System for Insurance Agents
NOTE: MyBiz OnLine Services no longer works with iAgentPRO. We are developing a Do-It-Yourself Online Marketing Guide for Insurance Agents. Please visit Insurance Agency Marketing Services Plan for more information.
Although inbound leads should be an important outcome of an Insurance Agency’s Marketing Services plan, from the initial startup, an optimized online infrastructure with authoritative content is necessary to provide the needed credibility for prospects to accept the agency as one that could meet their needs.
As you already know, consumers are increasingly using search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc….) Social Media (Face, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, StubleUpon, Tumbler, etc…) to find the products and services they want—not a Phone Book or ADs in a newspaper.
But what you may not know is how to design, create, and implement a comprehensive Insurance Agency Marketing Services plan for your insurance agency that will increase sales and profits–without busting your marketing budget. That is the ‘raison_d’être’ of this article–and the mission of MyBiz OnLine Services.
With a professional, step by step guide, and some Done-For-You services, Insurance Agents can now create an affordable Insurance Agency Marketing Services Infrastructure and manage their online marketing campaigns.
The Insurance Agency Marketing Services Plan
By definition, a marketing plan is a written document that spells out the company’s goals, objectives, strategies and tactics to gain and/or continue a competitive position. A good marketing plan is really a living document that defines the actions your business needs to take in order to achieve certain goals. A good plan should align with your goals and define how you will reach your marketing objectives.
Proper planning is critical to the future of any business. When you have a marketing plan, you have a road map to help set things in motion and to continue tracking progress. This helps to insure that your agency resources are used efficiently for the services needed to meet the goals and objectives of agency.
Once your plan is in place, it is imperative to track and collect data to measure an accurate Return On Investment (ROI); without the data, the effectiveness of each activity is nothing more than a guess. Revisiting the marketing plan each quarter will also provide an opportunity to refine and adjust the activities as your agency products and services may change. As the industry evolves, so should your marketing components, tools, and processes. Visit How to Create an Insurance Agency Marketing Plan to learn more.
Insurance Agency Marketing Services
What are the most important components of an Insurance Agency Marketing Services Plan? The exact nature of your business, a market analysis of your competitors, your marketing strategy and budget. Your marketing plan should be customized to your agency needs. Here is a brief outline of a few basic components and services.
First, a current marketing assessment should be conducted to establish a baseline for your agency. This helps us understand the agency’s current product and service offerings and if the current marketing activities, if any, are in alignment with business marketing goals and objects.
The overarching concept of the marketing plan is to grow sales and profits through strategically planned activities. These components may include search-optimized content that builds top-of-mind brand awareness, authoritative communications to establish credibility with your audience, a positive community spirit with public relation activities, and more. In summary, a successful marketing plan includes the proper creation, optimization, and distribution of appropriate content.
Online Marketing Infrastructure
Building a solid online marketing infrastructure is imperative to the success of your online presence. Here we must take the time to strategically plan each level of the foundation so that the next level will be supported by the previous. The online marketing infrastructure includes many components and requires ongoing maintenance to further strengthen the infrastructure.
KEY COMPONENTS: Insurance Agency Marketing Services Infrastructure
1. Marketing Website
2. Online Citation Accounts
3. Social Media Accounts
4. Reviews/Testimonials Accounts
5. Video Accounts
6. Social Bookmarking Accounts
7. Marketing Data Monitoring
Online Insurance Agency Marketing Services
1. Create & Optimize Online Marketing Infrastructure Online Accounts for citations, content, reviews, optimized and linked properly for building brand, authority, lead generation (Search Engine & Social Media Marketing), top-of-mind awareness, and client centered relationships.
2. Design & implement Content Marketing Campaigns These are focused campaigns to market a specific product or service. The Content is the most important component of all marketing plans and comes in several flavors (1) Authority Insurance Product and Services Content — for Search & Social Media Marketing (2) Local Social, Non-Sales Content — to be part of and to engage with the community (3) Appropriate Personal Content to build a personal relationship with clients and community.
3. Design & implement Social Media Marketing Campaigns The various flavors of content are optimized and distributed to important social media channels–includes articles, videos, and audio files. The content is mostly Local Social Non-Sales and Personal Content as mentioned in number 2 above.
4. Design and implement Key Word Focused Communications Campaigns Often defined as only email marketing campaigns, communications of all types may be used to cross sell and inform current clients and to sell to prospects who have opted in to a communication channel.
5. Design and Distribute Videos Videos are a major component of the Content Marketing Campaigns–they too follow the flavors of content mentioned in number 2 above and for the same reasons.
6. Design and implement continuous Referral Campaings Agency growth is heavily dependent on continuous referrals and lead generation. Referrals have a higher conversion rate than leads from non-referral sources.
7. Design and implement Organic Search Marketing Campaigns Organic Search Lead Generation is vitally important; Agency growth is heavily dependent on a continuous source of new leads.
8. Design and implement Paid Ad Campaigns Optimized Paid Ad campaigns are an important component of the Focused Key Word Campaigns.
9. Design and implement a monthly Agency Newsletter A monthly newsletter is one of the best ways to communicate all of the content flavors.
10. Design and implement Data Reports for Marketing Analysis The collection and analysis of marketing services data is necessary to know what is working, what needs refining, and to determine the Return on Investment of each component.
The long term success of your insurance agency may well depend on how well you design and implement a marketing plan. Without a plan based on defined marketing needs and data, your agency will most likely loose prospects and clients to agencies that do have an optimized plan.
Things are changing so fast that you would quickly find yourself falling behind when the next updates come around. The best method is to focus on getting in front of your audience with great content all across the web and in turn finding ways to get feedback. With a Do-It-Yourself Insurance Agency Marketing Services Guide and some Done-For-You services, you can generate inbound leads and have the professional online infrastructure necessary for prospects to find and choose your agency for their insurance needs. Please visit Insurance Agency Marketing Services Plan for more information.