As part of our Business and Blog launch on November 1, 2010, we decided to highlight some one who has made significant contributions to the field. Although David Mihm and Mary Bowling were close contenders, we decided on Matt McGee. Matt is an independent online marketing consultant located on the U.S. West coast.
In addition to consulting and training, Matt is the Assignment Editor for Search Engine Land and the Editor of Sphinn. He writes regularly on various industry blogs and forums (often under the nickname “pleeker”).
Also noteworthy is Matt’s SEO Success Pyramid–A visual depiction with consise explanations of the components that are necessary to build a successful online marketing presence. This is a great tool, and Matt gives it away for free here: The SEO Success Pyramid.
By Matt McGee on Oct 1, 2010
Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during September. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Andrew Shotland/SEL: 13 Questions To Ask Before You Hire A Local SEO Consultant
- Miriam Ellis/SEO Igloo: When The Karate Kid Gets Mad – Teaching User Review Crane Technique To Small Business Owners
- Luther Lowe/Yelp: The Positive Side of Negative Reviews
- Jill Whalen/High Rankings: Dear Google…Stop Making Me Look Like a Fool!
- Jessica Bowman/SEM In-House: Google Instant: One Week Later, Thinking About Keyword Research
- Jonathan Allen/SEW: 7 Reasons Why Google Instant Makes SEO Dead-on Relevant
- Erin Sellnow/PPC Hero: Identifying & Improving Poor Landing Pages
Blogs & Blogging
- Adam Singer/Future Buzz: The Ongoing Myth That Web Content Must Always Be Short
- Carol Tice/Copyblogger: 50 Can’t-Fail Techniques for Finding Great Blog Topics
- Stacey Harmon/Agent Applause: Forget Google – Realtor Uses Local Strategies to Win Blog Visibility
- Amber Naslund/Brass Tack Thinking: 9 Ways To Build A Twitter Community With Substance
- Jeremy Blanton/Tech Savvy Agent: 7 Ways to Be Hated On Twitter
- Brian Massey/SEL: How To Coax Social Media Insights From Google Analytics
- Tim Ware/Social Media Examiner: How to Create Fan-only Facebook Content
- Suzanne Roy/Tech Savvy Agent: 5 Hot Real Estate Marketing Tips for Facebook
- Lisa Barone/Small Biz Trends: 12 Tips for Writing Better Content
- Kim Krause-Berg/SEP: Do It Today: 10 Minute Usability Touch-up
- Dr. Pete Meyers/SEOmoz: Priceless CRO Advice for $224
- Andy Sernovitz/Damn, I Wish I’d Thought of That: How to become an email marketing genius: The Simmer
- Linda Bustos/GetElastic: The Promo Code Tactic That Cut Coupon Poaching By 90%
- Linda Bustos/GetElastic: 6 Ways to Tackle the Promo Code Problem
- September ’08: Best Search/Marketing Posts
Time again for a roundup of the best search/marketing posts during September. I’m particularly pleased with this one because there…
- February ’09: Best Search/Marketing Posts
Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during February. If you’re new to this blog,…
- July ’10: Best Search/Marketing Posts
Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during July. If you’re new to this blog,…
- December ’09: Best Search/Marketing Posts
Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during December